[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.7.07 Released
Kenneth Loafman
2016-04-10 15:20:25 UTC
Hello,

Once again, it's been a while. Thanks for your patience and thanks to all
the contributors!

Full details of the release and the tarball can be found at Milestone 0.7.07
<https://launchpad.net/duplicity/+milestone/0.7.07>

...Thanks,
...Ken
Scott Hannahs
2016-04-19 02:28:12 UTC
I am having a bit of an issue with this release. I have a script that has been successfully backing up using version 0.7.0.3. But somehow the build for this release is enough different that the s3 backend seems to be missing????

I have boto installed. version 2.36

This is on Mac OS X. I use the fink package manager. I have set the following dependencies for duplicity:
Package: duplicity (0.7.07-1)
To install the compiled package...
The following other packages (and their dependencies) must be installed:
boto-py27
gnupg2
lftp
librsync-shlibs (>= 0.9.7-1002)
lockfile-py27 (>= 0.9)
paramiko-py27
pycryptopp-py27
python27

I am backing up to the dreamhost objects which should be s3 compatible and was with version 0.7.0.3
The log file shows:
nice -n19 /sw/bin/duplicity --full-if-older-than 39D --num-retries 5 --tempdir /var/tmp/duplicity --volsize 250 --asynchronous-upload --encrypt-key XXXXXXXX --sign-key YYYYYYYY --gpg-options=--default-key=XXXXXXXX --force --verbosity Notice --s3-unencrypted-connection --s3-use-new-style --allow-source-mismatch --exclude **/Documents/Virtual?Machines.localized --exclude **/Library/Caches --exclude **/Library/Mail --exclude **/Library/Mail?Downloads --exclude **/Library/Application?Support/Google --exclude **/Library/Application?Support/Microsoft --exclude **/Library/Application?Support/WebEx?Folder /Users/<username>/Documents s3://objects.dreamhost.com// <s3://objects.dreamhost.com//><bucket>/documents
Attempt 1 failed. BackendException: No connection to backend
Attempt 2 failed. BackendException: No connection to backend
Attempt 3 failed. BackendException: No connection to backend
Attempt 4 failed. BackendException: No connection to backend

Any ideas?

-Scott
Kenneth Loafman
Scott Hannahs
2016-04-19 14:07:06 UTC
Fantastic. Thanks for the quick update. I will try a rebuild of that version this evening.

-Scott
Duplicity 0.7.07.1 has just been released. Give it some time to build and this should be fixed.