[Duplicity-talk] B2 backend -- multipart files?
Evan Sarmiento
2016-04-29 17:56:48 UTC

I recently started using Duplicity to backup data to B2; works great!

I notice that B2 has a 5GiB file size maximum. Recently, Duplicity implemented the ability to write “multi-part” files as part of their command line tool and in the backend: https://github.com/Backblaze/B2_Command_Line_Tool/

Does Duplicity have any plans to implement the multi-part functionality in it’s B2 backend?

Thanks!
Evan

--
Evan Sarmeinto
Front End Systems Software Developer
Follow us: @hmdcrce
e***@web.de
2016-04-29 18:19:06 UTC
Post by Evan Sarmiento
Hi,
I recently started using Duplicity to backup data to B2; works great!
I notice that B2 has a 5GiB file size maximum. Recently, Duplicity implemented the ability to write “multi-part” files as part of their command line tool and in the backend: https://github.com/Backblaze/B2_Command_Line_Tool/
Does Duplicity have any plans to implement the multi-part functionality in it’s B2 backend?
what do you mean by
"
Recently, Duplicity implemented the ability to write “multi-part” files as part of their command line tool
"
? where was that implemented? or do you mean the s3 bandwidth saturation?

..ede/duply.net
Evan Sarmiento
2016-04-29 18:21:51 UTC

B2 used to only support file size max at 5GiB. Now you can use the API to write files up to 10 terabytes by using the ‘multi-part’ API.

See: https://www.backblaze.com/b2/docs/b2_get_upload_url.html

I’m wondering if the B2 backend for Duplicity will implement this feature at some point.

Thank you!

Evan
Post by Evan Sarmiento
Hi,
Follow us: @hmdcrce
e***@web.de
2016-04-29 18:30:30 UTC
i see. try to contact the original author who is mentioned in the source header
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.7-series/view/head:/duplicity/backends/b2backend.py
or consider contributing it yourself ;).

Matthew's email addresses can be found on his launchpad user page
https://launchpad.net/~matthew-t-bentley
.

..ede/duply.net
Post by Evan Sarmiento
Hi,
B2 used to only support file size max at 5GiB. Now you can use the API to write files up to 10 terabytes by using the ‘multi-part’ API.
See: https://www.backblaze.com/b2/docs/b2_get_upload_url.html
I’m wondering if the B2 backend for Duplicity will implement this feature at some point.
Thank you!
Evan
Post by Evan Sarmiento
Hi,